As I continue to learn about sherry and meet fellow sherry lovers along the way, I wanted to share these connections with you to help guide your sherry journey as well!
The Mother Ship: this official website has everything you need to know!
Books: I wrote a little bit about these books before and highly recommend them!
- Sherry, Manzanilla & Montilla by Peter Liem and Jesús Barquín ~ what I commonly refer to as my Sherry Bible
- Sherry: A Modern Guide to the Wine World’s Best-Kept Secret by Talia Baiocchi ~ fast read, great humor + beautiful pictures
- Sherry by Julian Jeffs ~ in its sixth edition, it’s the best way to truly understand the ins and outs of sherry production from grape to glass.
Blogs: Many of these writers have become wonderful Twitter connections on a weekly basis!
- Criadera ~ Helen Highley
- Montilla-Moriles Wines UK ~ Erik + Laura Burgess
- The Vine Inspiration ~ Paddy Murphy
- Discover Sherry ~ Virginia Miller
- Sherry Notes ~ Ruben Luyten
- Jerez-Xeres-Sherry ~ Paula Maclean
- Undertheflor.com ~ Andrew Ward
Guides: Tools to help educate and connect you when visiting the Sherry Triangle.
- Jerez Andalusía de cerca ~ everything you need when visiting Jerez
- Sherry Wines ~ the epicenter of anything about sherry
- La Sacristía del Caminante ~ a wonderful resource for sherry + tabancos
- Spirit Sherry Enoturismo ~ hands-on sherry education from grape to glass
- Sevilla Tapas ~ Shawn Hennessey is a sherry lover living in Sevilla + offers great tours to her local tapas bars.
- Ruta del Vino y el Brandy del Marco de Jerez ~ guided theme tours
Bodegas: There are many wonderful wineries all worth visiting. These are the ones I’ve been to thus far.
- Bodega Delgado Zuleta
- Bodegas El Maestro Sierra
- Bodegas Grant
- Bodegas Gutiérrez Colosia
- Bodegas Rey Fernando de Castilla
- Bodegas Tradición
- Bodegas Urium
- Diez Mérito
- Gonzalez Byass – Bodegas Tio Pepe
- Grupo Estevez: “La Guita”, Real Tesoro, Valdespino
Shops: In the city of Portland, here are the best shops for top-shelf sherry.
- Great Wine Buys in NE Portland – tell John I sent you! They have a really nice rotation selection of boutique style sherry.
- New Seasons Market Sellwood in SE Portland – Each New Seasons Market has their own manager / wine buyer. So not every wine department will be the same. Sellwood happens to have sherry lovers stocking their shelves and tend to have bottles of really nice boutique style sherry bargain prices!
- Liner & Elsen in NW Portland – ask for Bob or Kevin. They have some very rare sherry not available elsewhere.
- Vinopolis in NW Portland – a bit more expensive, but carry bottles that are typically not in stock elsewhere.
- E&R Wine Shop in SW Portland